1) In her work in the publishing industry, Vera seeks out newauthors whom she considers promising. In the past 2 years she hasfound a number of new writers whose work she thought wasexceptional, and immersed herself in the task of helping them shapetheir manuscripts for submission to her managers for publishing.Although she was extremely proud of the results, none of theauthors she worked with were chosen for publication. Vera believesthat the decision not to publish these authors was based onpersonal rivalries within …
2) Julia works as a receptionist at a real-estate company. Her bossjust came in the door and yelled at her, telling her that the frontoffice was a mess and that she needed to get up and clean itimmediately. After her boss left the room …
3) Erin works on a software help desk. After being yelled at by acustomer about the state of her company’s software, she becomesangry, and has to take a short break to calm down. What m
4) Any incompatibility between two or more attitudes or betweenbehavior and attitudes results in what?
5) What is the degree to which a person identifies with his or herjob, actively participates in it, and considers his or herperformance as being important to self-worth?
6) What term is used for those emotions that an organizationrequires workers to show and considers appropriate for a givenjob?
7) Janet needs to assign a very important advertising account toone of her writers. First she reviewed each writers work load, thenshe studied the sales data of the products for the last threecampaigns of each writer, then she reviewed each writer’s annualreview ..
8) Basing managerial methods on the best available scientificevidence is called what?
9) The manager at a construction site observes that he is spendinga great deal of time interviewing prospective employees. This isdue to the large amount of absenteeism and turnover among hisskilled workers. While questioning exiting employees, he discoversthat many of them quit because they feel the work place is too…
10) Phil loves sales. He has been a stellar sales person since hewas 12. Recently he was awarded a full paid trip for two to PuertoRico for breaking a company sales record. Phil is so motivated towork, he has set a new goal to break his old record in the comingyear. Taking into account self-determination theory, why did thecompany recognition and award, an extrinsic reward, motivatePhil?
11) Tony loves programming. He was on the ground level of thecomputer revolution. This year his boss has set personal goals foreach of the programmers, one of which includes a presentation fromeach programmer about a project. Tony is very annoyed because hehas a tremendous amount of work to do and he will have to spend theweekend, his personal time, preparing the presentation. Taking intomgt 311 final exam account self-determination theory, why did hismanager’s goals and the presentation reduce Tony’s motivation?
12) Glendon has a degree in business and worked for 2 years at aninternational firm in Spain. When the firm suffered cutbacks andGlendon returned home, he took a job at a nonprofit agencymentoring at-risk Spanish-speaking children. Glendon earns a thirdof what he earned in the business world, but has decided that hisnew goal is to acquire a larger case load and continue to use hisSpanish to help people. Which theory explains why Glendon is happywith a much smaller external reward for his work?
13) Today Marci’s boss entered her cubicle and told her that herwork has been fantastic, and that because of her last project theclient is going to give the company all of their business. Marci’sboss continued to talk about what a great job she’s doing. When herboss left, Marci felt very confident and satisfied with herself andher job. Marci’s boss uses communication in which of the followingfunctions?
14) What can managers do to make sure that important information isnot withheld from them through silence?
15) When Neal Patterson, CEO of Cerner Corporation, sent hisseething e-mail to 400 managers, he erred by selecting thewrong
16) Araceli is a team member in a large corporation. She neverspeaks in the team meetings because she has seen members talkbehind each others’ backs outside of the meetings. Members areconstantly monitoring the other member’s work, looking for amistake to point out in a meeting. According to the informationprovided, which contextual factor is most likely hindering thesuccess of Araceli’s team?
17) Ayesha is leading a group to develop a prototype for a newproduct. She has chosen three people to work with her. Ben and Tomare good friends and socialize on the weekend. They are both verycreative. Julian is older than Ben and Tom, but they have workedtogether before and been quite productive. Julian is organized.Ayesha has never worked with any of the men, but knows the productwell. She brings the highest level of expertise. Which of thefollowing statements best describes Ayesha’s group?
18) Irma does not like a few of the standard operating proceduresadapted for the new project. However, she discussed the items withthe team and told them that she realized she was in the minorityand that she would adapt the new procedures to maintain smoothoperations within the team. What is this type of intentioncalled?
19) Angelina feels that her cubicle neighbor talks too loudly onthe phone, but in other ways she is a great neighbor. Angelina getsannoyed every time her neighbor’s phone rings, but she has decidedit is simply not worth the trouble to talk to her neighbor. What isAngelina’s conflict intention called?
20) For process conflict to be productive, it must be
21) The right inherent in a managerial position to give orders andexpect orders to be obeyed is termed
22) ________ are consistent with recent efforts by companies toreduce costs, cut overhead, speed up decision making, increaseflexibility, get closer to customers, and empower employees.
23) What is the process through which employees are adapted to an organization’s culture?
24) If there is a basic conflict between the individual’sexpectations and the reality of working in an organization, theemployee is most likely to be disillusioned and quit during whichstage of socialization?
25) When your superior offers you a raise if you will performadditional work beyond the requirements of your job, he or she isexercising ________ power.
26) Political behaviors usually
27) Regardless of the composition of a group, managers can leveragediversity to achieve superior performance by which of the followingapproaches?
28) Effective workforce programs that encourage diversity havethree distinct components. First, they inform managers about thelegal framework for equal employment opportunities and encouragefair treatment. Second, they mgt311 final exam teach managers how adiverse workforce will be better able to serve a diverse market ofcustomers and clients. Third, they
29) If individuals resisting change are included in making changedecisions in an attempt to gain their support, what is thisapproach called?
30) Which tactic to overcome resistance to change is a relativelyeasy way to gain the support of adversaries, but may backfire ifthe targets become aware of the tactic?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.
Effortlessly get the essays and grades you need. You can now get any essay, on any subject and at ANY deadline with just 10 minutes of your time (or less). Your professor will love you for it!