1. READ the following:
• Chapter 10: Child Health
• Chapter 11: Communicable Diseases
2. READ the following four (4) articles related to nursing education systems around the globe (Ireland, Kenya, Poland, China). CLICK on the PDF files.
• O’Dwyer, P. (2007). The educational preparation of nurses in Ireland. Nursing Education Perspectives, 28(3), 136-139. [PDF file]
• Mule, G.K. (1986). Nursing education in Kenya: Trends and innovations. International Nursing Review, 33(3), 83-86. [PDF file]
• Sztembis, B. (2006). The past, present and future of nurse education in Poland: stages, conditions and activities. International Nursing Review, 53(2), 102-109. [PDF file]
• Xu, Y., Xu, Z., & Zhang, J. (2000). The nursing education system in the People’s Republic of China: Evolution, structure and reform. International Nursing Review, 47(4), 207-217. [PDF file]
3. WRITE a 750 word paper CCOMPARE the nursing education systems of the two (2) of the countries in the above journal articles. See the Nursing Student Writing Guidelines Checklist for paper requirements and answering the following:
• HEADING: Political History and Development of Nursing Education: Comparison of [Selected Country] and [Selected Country]
o Describe how the political history of the country influenced nursing education in your selected (2) countries. How did nursing education develop?
• HEADING: Government and Nursing Organizations Influencing Nursing Education: Comparison of [Selected Country] and [Selected Country]
o Which government agency(ies) or organizations influenced the training of nurses and how did the agency(ies) do that? Did nursing organizations play a role?
• HEADING: Current System of Nursing Education: Comparison of [Selected Country] and [Selected Country]
o According to the article, what is the current system for educating nurses in the selected counties? Are there diploma (hospital-based) schools? Has nursing education moved into university settings? Is there a combination of nursing education programs (similar to U.S. system) to train nurses?
• HEADING: Post-Graduate (Masters) Education: Comparison of [Selected Country] and [Selected Country]
o Is post-graduate (masters) education for nurses available?
• HEADING: Reflections on Nursing Education in [Selected Countries]
o In conclusion, what surprised you about nursing education in the countries that you selected?
• Use the above headings in your paper. In-text citations and a reference list MUST be found in your paper.
• See the Nursing Student Writing Guidelines Checklist for APA formatting.
• See end of Module for common paper errors.
• Comparison of: Political History and Development of Nursing Education;
• Government and Nursing Organizations Influencing Nursing Education;
• Current System of Nursing Education;
• Post-Graduate (Masters) Education
8.8 million children under the age of 5 die each year
Many of these deaths are preventable
Children are a particularly vulnerable population
Closely linked with poverty
Insufficient progress has been made in certain parts of the world in reducing childhood morbidity and mortality
Perinatal : first week of life
Neonatal : referring to the first month of life
Infant : referring to the first year of life
Under-5 : referring to children 0-4 years old
40% of the burden of disease in low- and middle-income countries
Disproportionately affect the poor
Enormous economic consequences
Relevance to MDGs
Burden of communicable disease is unnecessary, many can be prevented or treated
Communicable disease- transmitted from animal to animal, animal to human, or human to human
Spread and contracted through food, water, bodily fluids, vector, inhalation, nontraumatic contact, and traumatic contact
Controlled with vaccination, mass chemotherapy, vector control, improved water and sanitation, improved care seeking and disease recognition, case management, and behavioral change
36% of total deaths, 40% of total DALYs lost annually in low- and middle-income countries
Relative importance compared to noncommunicable diseases and injuries varies by region
South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa have highest relative burden of deaths from communicable diseases
Relative importance of specific communicable diseases varies by region, age group
Constrain health and development of children, having an effect on education and productivity
Strong stigma and discrimination associated with HIV, TB, and others
Limit productivity of adult workers
Costs of treatment burden families
High rates reduce investment in a country’s development
The Burden of Emerging and Re-Emerging Infectious Diseases
Resistant forms of disease emerge or re-emerge when bacteria, parasites, and viruses are genetically altered
Critical global health problems because they can arise anywhere, at anytime, and spread rapidly
Drug resistance limits ability to treat infection
Addressing the Burden of HIV/AIDS
Focus on prevention of new infections
Successful efforts have included strong political leadership and open communication
Approach to prevention must vary with nature of epidemic
Efforts need to combine education and behavioral change, bio-medical approaches, and structural approaches
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.
Effortlessly get the essays and grades you need. You can now get any essay, on any subject and at ANY deadline with just 10 minutes of your time (or less). Your professor will love you for it!