LGBT Health Care
This discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered. For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course textbook readings and the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial postings. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Cite resources in your responses to other classmates. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
For this assignment, you will review and reflect on the LGBT article. This article can be applied to healthcare providers in the multiple care settings. Discussion of the article is based on the course objectives and weekly content, which emphasize the core learning objectives for an evidence-based primary care curriculum. Throughout your nurse practitioner program, discussions are used to promote the development of clinical reasoning through the use of ongoing assessments and diagnostic skills, and to develop patient care plans that are grounded in the latest clinical guidelines and evidence-based practice.
- Discuss any â€œtake-awayâ€ thoughts from the article.
- How do you plan to make a positive impact on the care of LGBT patients when you become a NP? What attitudes/behaviors/communication/understanding is important for the NP to have?
What specific screenings / interventions will you incorporate into practice when providing care to a LGBT patient?
Here are this week’s course objectives below
Your Learning Objectives for the Week:
- Assess the physiologic, psychological, socio-economic, developmental, political, and culturally diverse factors of common womenâ€™s health issues across the life span.
- Utilize critical thinking, research findings, diagnostic reasoning, and independent judgment to assist the patient and the family in the process of rehabilitation to their maximum functional health status.
- Compare the relationship between family structure, community functioning and health related outcomes for clients with reproductive health issues.
I have posted the article that needs to be read in order to answer the 4 questions. All references must be in APA format. You must list where the source was gotten from (example, website link). Sources cannot be older than 5 years. Please use proper grammar, proper English, and avoid run on sentences. This is just for a discussion post so, I am not looking for a super long response.