In this task, you will identify a healthcare problem and develop a question that can be informed by evidence. You will identify a single intervention and then search for five research articles and two non-research articles that support that intervention.
A. Write a brief summary (suggested length of 2 pages) of the significance and background of a healthcare problem by doing the following:
1. Describe a healthcare problem.
2. Explain the significance of the problem.
3. Describe the current practice related to the problem.
4. Discuss how the problem impacts the organization and/or patient’s cultural background (i.e., values, health behavior, and preferences).
B. Develop the PICO question using PICO table ( as attached file) (1 sentence/question)
Note: I have included the PICO table as attached file
C. Describe the search strategy (suggested length of 1 page) you used to conduct the literature review by doing the following:
1. Identify the keywords used for the search: hand hygiene, hand washing, improving hand washing compliance
2. Describe the types of articles that were available for consideration.
a. Discuss two research evidence and two non-research evidence sources that were considered
Note: I have included 5 research articles and 2 non-research articles that you can use.
D. Complete the attached “Evidence Matrix” to list five research evidence sources (levels I–III) from scholarly journal sources you locate in major medical databases.
E. Explain a recommended practice change (suggested length of 1 page) that addresses the PICO question within the framework of the evidence collected and used in the attached “Evidence Matrix.”
F. Describe a process for implementing the recommendation from part E (suggested length of 2 pages) in which you do the following:
1. Explain how you would involve three key stakeholders in the decision to implement the recommendation.
2. Describe the specific barriers you may encounter in applying evidence to practice changes in the nursing practice setting.
3. Identify two strategies that could be used to overcome the barriers discussed in F2.
4. Identify one indicator to measure the outcome related to the recommendation.
G. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
PICO Table Example
Lists of articles and full text