My research paper is about “Depression in College Students”. I have attached articles from my school’s library.
If you have ever asked a question, wondered why something is as it is, or tried to understand an event, you have engaged in research. For this assignment, you will create the first part of your research paper. You should use the headings below for the sections of your paper.
For this assignment, you will craft the framework of your research using the articles you collected and summarized from Assignment 1 and / or other articles you found that relate to your research topic. Assignments 2, 3, and 4 will all build on each other to create one comprehensive research paper. Each time you submit an assignment, your instructor will provide feedback that you can use moving forward with the other parts of the research paper.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe the:
- Introduction to your topic.
- Purpose of your research.
- Problem statement.
- Summarize the literature you collected related to your topic.
- Identify the:
- Gap(s) in the literature.
- Research question or hypotheses of your topic.
- Proposed theory for your research.
- Include at least six (6) peer-reviewed quantitative or qualitative articles related to your topic.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify a research topic and describe why it can and should be studied.
- Determine the appropriateness of peer-reviewed literature to support research topics.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues related to educational research methods.
- Use quantitative and / or qualitative approaches to create research topics.
- Analyze research methodologies that support specific research topics.
- Evaluate components of a research proposal.
- Write clearly and concisely about educational research methods using proper writing mechanics.
- Determine the appropriate research procedures when designing a qualitative study.
- Determine the appropriate research procedures when designing a quantitative study.