This article covers the over 100 best political research paper topics in 2022.
Political science is a broad subject. Writing a college essay in this field can be complicated, especially if you are burdened with coming up with your own topic. Well, you can solve this problem by picking political science research paper topics that interest you.
You also need to ensure that it follows the requirements of the assignment. If you are studying law, sociology, philosophy, or training to be an educator, you may need political topics to write about.
You can also check out 80 Best Ideas for Research Paper Topics
Best Political Research Paper Topics
Political Research Paper Topics – Comparative Politics
This field focuses on all empirical approaches, such as comparative methods. Domestic politics, diverse conflicts, and institution analysis are some practical examples of this field. When choosing comparative politics research topics, focus on the method of implementation of the political science problem analysis, and not on the subject.
Some comparative politics research paper topics include:
- Foreign Policies of United States Vs. United Kingdom
- Apartheid Phenomenon
- A Study of the Anglo-Saxon Traits in the America Government
- Chinese Communist Party Hierarchy
- Soviet Union Ideology
- Party Comparison – A Behavioral Approach
- Presidential Vs. Parliamentary Democracy
- Vietnam War Interests Aggregation
- Recruitment in Developing Countries
- Study of the Cultural Pressure Between Japan and the United States
Political Research Paper Topics – International Relations
This field focuses on the controversies, conflicts, negotiations that occur in the world. It also encompasses other salient issues such as global poverty, human rights, globalization, environmental issues as well as security.
Some political science topics in this category include:
- Human Rights in Malawi
- Amnesty International Top Controversies
- Arctic Circle Power Battles
- Fund Structure of International Monetary Fund
- Global Poverty Causes
- Ethical Guidelines for NGOs
- Syrian Conflict Cause-Effect
- GM Foods Market Distribution
- Non-State Facilitators in Japan Corporations
- An Analysis of Global Security Networks
Political Research Paper Topics – Philosophy Research Topics
This branch of political science focuses on government, liberty, justice, democracy, legal code mechanics, and other fundamental state legislation. Most essays on this field focus mote on how society is set up as well as the ethics that should apply there. It is a broad topic with lots to write on. Some include:
- Causes of the American Revolution
- Karl Schmidt Theses and German Philosophy
- Neopatrimonialism Society Risks
- Liberal Democracy Justification
- Election Ethics
- A Contrast of Liberalism and Civil Republicanism
- Transition Methods In The Post Socialist Era
- Republican Traditions in Education
- Existentialism According to Western Constitutional Law
- The Study of Mutual Tolerance as Political Virtue.
Political Research Paper Topics – Public Administration
This study involves the study of daily functions of public administrators, government structures, and other agencies that implement laws and introduce policies. This field is linked to sociology and has several topics, including:
- Community Development Methods
- Governmental Efforts Coordination
- John Rohr Constitutional Vision
- Nonprofit organizations Ethics
- Private Sector Innovations In the U.S
- Environmental Management Compromises
- Fiscal management and Strategic Planning
- Administration Careers in Transportation Security
- Optimal Benefits of Public Safety
- An Analysis of the Federal Emergency Management Agency
You can also check out Interesting History Research Paper Topics
Political Research Paper Topics – Public Law Topics
This branch of political science studies the relationships between the public and the state. Its range is broad from topics like constitutional law, administrative law, criminal legislation, and taxes, among others. It is a lot different from private law that focuses on small groups, families, private businesses, as well as personal issues. This study deals with the relation of administrative authority with citizens. One notable example is a plea or review by a member of the society to the state authority. It may seem complex, but it has some pretty interesting topics, some include:
- Human Rights Act 1998 – A Review
- Criminal Law and Common Morality
- Privacy Law or Commercial Exploitation?
- Post-Conflict Justice Inequality
- Civil Liberties and National Security Complaints
- The System of Police Interrogation
- European Legal History – Legislators
- Custody Battles and Gender Bias Psychology
- Judicial Review Argumentation Analysis
- Police Interrogation and Socio-Economic Preferences
Political Research Paper Topics – Researchable Topics In Political Science
This is the main focus of the subject and is an analysis or in-depth study of all the processes relating to politics. It involves a study of the causes and effects of issues, personalities of leaders to determine deeper issues. It covers a lot of sensitive topics but is unique due to its scientific approach and paper structure. Any topic chosen here should be researchable with adequate academic sources. Consider some of these topics:
- Prosecution Ethics of Top Tier Officials
- Is Criminal Pardon Acceptable?
- European and American Federal Crimes Comparison
- Differences Between Political and Armed Conflicts
- Is Religion A Social Power?
- Corruption Elimination Methods
- Implementing Crucial Changes in Legislation Processes
- Post War Social Movements
- Federalism Traces in The Unitary Governance Model
- The Interdependence of Modern Leaders
Political Research Paper Topics – Political Theory
Theorists in this field are important, and so they take the forefront. The legacies of such theorists make excellent topics for political science essays. Most political science research question examples cover the works of political science theorist’s legacies. It doesn’t offer any answers to global problems, but it can make an interesting read. Here are some topic ideas:
- John Austin Theory
- Anarchism History Key Figures
- Frederic Bastiat Theses
- Liberty and Justice Challenges
- Aristotle Philosophy on the Theory of Governance
- Analysis – The Republic By Plato
- Jean Bodin on Sovereignty
- Vladimir Lenin and Communism Approach
- Edmund Burke’s Classic Theories
- The Disciplinary Power of Foucault
Political Research Paper Topics – Conflicts In Politics
This can range from elections and economic battles to country interests when it comes to natural resources. This branch focuses more on social issues, and professors recommend picking such topics. Consider the countries that are currently in the middle of conflicts. Observe the cause and effects of the conflict at different stages. Some research topics include:
- Afghanistan Conflict
- Social Networks and Protest Movements
- Mexico and Immigrants Crisis
- Syrian Government Repression
- Civil War Causes and Peculiarities
- Reagan’s Political Agenda
- Iraq War and History of War Crimes
- Yemen Conflict Resolution Methods
- War In Donbas: Russia’s Aggression In Ukraine
- Causes of Rebellion in the Central African Republic
Political Research Paper Topics – Conflict Resolution
This subject focuses on the peaceful methods of resolving conflicts such as gender bias in offices, custody battles, and even international conflicts involving several countries. These conflicts often relate to project topics under social studies since there is a socio-cultural argument, to begin with. The conflict is analyzed using a methodology, strong thesis, background, and clear structure. Below are some topics to help you pick what to work with:
- Conflicts of African American Prisoners
- Arctica Power Distribution
- Iran Oil Conflict
- News Coverage Media Bias
- The United States Foreign Policy
- Political Leaders and Their Personal Ambitions
- Concession Between Right- and Left-wing Parties
- Post-War Countries Issues Art Legacy
- Security Leadership Conflicts After 9/11
- Afghanistan Collaboration Methods
You can also check out Creative Illustration Essay Topics
Political Research Paper Topics – Mediation And Negotiation
Negotiation is similar to arbitration but is less formal. It focuses on finding a suitable compromise to resolve issues. Some topics under this field include:
- Volunteering and Social Movements
- War Time Negotiation Methods
- American Modern Whistleblowers
- Transnational Corporation Legal Clashes
- Mediation Hearing Preparation Process
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods
- Elections Agenda Analysis
- Mediation policies Vs. Civil Law Court
- Hostage Care in Foreign Countries Negotiation
- Case Study Analysis of Mediation Agreement
Political Research Paper Topics – Other Topic Ideas To Explore
- Political Psychology
- Culture and Politics
- An Overview Of Political Science
- Famous Political Decisions
- Terrorism as A Political Instrument
- Civil Wars Causes and Consequences
- An Overview Of Populism
- Social Movements In Politics
- Different Types of Electoral Systems
- The Similarities Of Totalitarian Regimes
- Politics and Open Societies
- Principles of Work in Divided Governments
- Positivism: pros and cons
- Politics in media
- Rational Choice Theory
- Cultural pluralism
- Nationalism versus globalization
- Constructivism: pros and cons
- Public Relations in Politics
- Politics and Corruption
You can also check out Ethical Paper Topics
1. What are good political research topics?
Political Science Research Topics on Comparative Politics
- Behavioural Approach to Parties Comparison.
- United States vs the United Kingdom Foreign Policies.
- Presidential versus Parliamentary Democracy.
- Cultural Pressure Between the United States & Japan.
- Anglo-Saxon Traits in American Government.
- Soviet Union Ideology.
2. What are the topics under political science?
A comprehensive survey of American national government; its institutions, functions, and processes, including constitutionalism, federalism, elections, pressure politics, social and economic policies, and national security. The concept of socially responsibility as applied to a university in a distressed city.
3. What are the 4 types of political science?
The overall field of political science includes several major subfields: American politics, comparative politics, international relations, political economy, and political philosophy. Most political science departments at universities encourage students to specialize or concentrate in one of these subfields.