Bank of America Annual Report and Quarterly Update
Tasks (3 – 5 pages)
1. Identify one (1) enterprise risk management disclosure and one (1) operational risk management disclosure from the Resource. Be specific as to page and section.
2. Describe the disclosure (a) and why you characterized as either enterprise or operational risk (b). You should refer to either (i) the text, or (ii) materials provided in class as points of reference.
3. Choose one (1) of the disclosures you reported on and give you assessment of its adequacy to the consumers of the report. Justify you assessment with at least one (1) specific argument.
Any business news feed, including but not limited to WSJ, Bloomberg, CNBC.
1. Select a story of interest to your colleagues in operational risk management.
2. Write a script for a “podcast” based on the story. This podcast would last 3-5 minutes, and should include:
a. The specific reference (publication, title, date, author).
b. Summary of the main point.
c. Why it is of interest to operational risk managers.
d. You own viewpoint: agree/disagree/neutral and why.
3. The best papers will be selected for presentation in class.
A History of the United States in Five Crashes (Nations)
Resources provided in class.
Tasks (5 – 7 Pages)
1. Imagine you are the CRO of an organization (bank, insurer, supply chain).
2. Identify two (2) crises from the Nations’ book. Briefly describe them.
3. Based on the two (2) selected, (a) how would your organization be impacted? (b) What could you have done to mitigate the impact? You should refer back to materials employed in class to support your mitigation strategy.
4. If you were Nations updating the book for a sixth crisis, what would it be: COVID, climate change, Cyber, other catastrophe(s)? Explain, and what two (2) lessons would you take away.