I’m studying for my Computer Science class and need an explanation.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the pertinent chapters in the textbook and any related resources from the earlier weeks of this course. This assignment will require a total of five scholarly resources, including your textbook.
For this assignment you will take on the role of a CIO for an emerging company. Carefully review thescenario that includes all the pertinent information on this venture. In this assignment you will evaluate and develop protocols and/or policies for each of the following issues:
Securing Ownership of the Software
Based on the information provided in the scenario, explain a minimum of three methods that would allow you to secure the ownership of the software developed. Provide a rationale for each method, supporting your statements with evidence from your sources.
Review the three methods and create a new policy that includes and explains only those methods necessary to secure the software ownership for your company at this time. Be sure to review the scenario prior to creating your policy.
Trade Secrets and Non-Disclosure
Analyze the ethical and legal implications of hiring external engineers to develop the app and explain any necessary steps that should be taken to address the potential problems associated with outside development.
Provide a rationale for each necessary step suggested, supporting your statements with evidence from your sources.
Review your suggested steps and develop a new policy related to contracted, outside talent in development roles.
Customer Data Collection and Protection
Evaluate the plan for personal and financial customer data collection and storage. Apply pertinent regulations, laws, and compliance guidelines regarding these types of customer data and explain any special considerations that would need to be implemented. Support your statements with evidence from your sources. Based on the considerations explained, create a new general protocol related to the legal issues of the collection and storage of customer data. This general protocol should address relevant issues of an Information System Professional’s Duty of Care.
Internal Financial Data Structuring and Compliance
Explain how the company’s internal financial information must be structured in order to be compliant with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Describe any potential implications associated with non-compliance with the Act. Support your statements with evidence from your sources.
Based on these issues, create a general protocol that will address any potential problems and keep the company in compliance.
Ethical and Legal Considerations for Usage of Customer Data
Analyze the stipulation in the organization’s EULA agreement regarding usage of customer data. Consider the proposal to sell customer data. Evaluate the ethical and legal issues pertaining to this usage of the data. Explain whether or not this type of proposal is permissible from an ethical and legal standpoint. Your explanation must include a minimum of four legal and ethical issues related to the proposal in the scenario. Support your statements with evidence from your sources.
The Policies and Protocol Plan
- Must be 10 to 14 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.