Please answer the questions below:
1. What is your favorite novel/short story/poem/play? What is the last thing you read (even if it was Cosmo or Sports Illustrated)?
2. What has your reading experience been like so far in your academic career? Have instructors assign you books you have enjoyed? Have you read mostly novels, short stories, comics, plays? If you could tell me something about how you want readings to go in the classroom, what would you suggest?
3. What has your writing experience been like so far in your academic career? What about writing do you like? What do you dislike or find difficult? What is one thing you want to learn about writing in this class?
4. What is your favorite thing said in the Ted Talk “Reading as a Daring Act?” Why?
Once you are done with the “serious” part, please take a second to answer at least three of these fun, get-to-know-you questions:
1. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
2. If you could throw Justin Bieber off a cliff and trade his life for a deceased celebrity, who would you bring back to life instead?
3. What is one interesting fact you would like us to know about you?
4. Why did you choose to take an online course rather than one on campus?
5. What is one question you have for me? It can be something personal (but appropriate) or something about the class.