Sources: 12 Language Style: English (U.S.)
Chamberlain College of Nursing (2)
me Chamberlain College of Nursing NR500 Foundational Concepts and Applications Scholarly Communication Worksheet Guidelines & Rubric Purpose The purpose of this assignment is to identify correct APA
NR500 Foundational Concepts and Applications
Scholarly Communication Worksheet
Guidelines & Rubric
The purpose of this assignment is to identify correct APA format for scholarly sources used in professional communication.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
(CO#1) Demonstrate effective verbal, written, and technological communication using legal and ethical standards for transferring knowledge. (PO 3)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 2
Total Points Possible: 50
1. Complete the Scholarly Communication worksheet.
2. For each question, identify the correct answer and provide the source document for the answer.
3. Submit the Scholarly Communication Worksheet Answer Form to the Drop boxby Sunday 11:59 p.m. (MT) at the end of Week 2.
Directions: Prior to completing this worksheet:
Review the APA tutorial assignment found at http://flash1r.apa.org/apastyle/basics/index.htm (You will get points for viewing,so be sure to include this website with slide number in your resource responses where applicable.)
Review the information in Doc Sharing under APA resources.
Utilize the APA manual in answering the questions
Provide a complete answer to each question.
The resource document and page number (if applicable) where the information was found refers to the resource that you used to answer the questions. You are to use only the APA manual and those resources and documents that are included in the course (i.e. documents in Doc Sharing) for this documentation.
These resources would include the APA manual, documents in Doc Sharing, and other related documents in the course.
Each question is worth 5 points (3 points for the correct answer and 1 point for the resource document) except for question 11 which is worth 6 points( 3 points for the correct answer and 3 points for the correct resource document information).
1. Provide a correctly formatted reference for the following journal article. Perform a search for this article and provide the DOI number also.
Authors: Jennifer Leeman, DrPH, MDiv; Margarete Sandelwoski, PhD,. RN, FANN
Title of article: Practice-Based Evidence and Qualitative Inquiry
Journal: Journal of Nursing Scholarship
Year of Publication: 2012, Volume 44, Issue 2, Pages 171-179. What is the resource document and page number or slide number?
2. In the above referenced article, on page 175, the authors state Qualitative research can be used similarly to identify the core mechanisms of implementation strategies. Provide a correctly formatted direct-quote citation, using this information. What is the resource document and page number?
3. Go to the NIH website (www.nih.gov) and find the information titled Bad Air Day, Air Quality and Your Health. Provide a correctly formatted reference, using the following information for the newsletter format. What is the resource document and page number?
4. Differentiate between a primary source and a secondary source in scholarly writing. What is the resource document and page number?
5.The running head is used in scholarly work. For this question, you are to:
a.Develop a running head for the following journal article titled Graduate-level QSEN competencies: Knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
b.Provide the correct format the running head in a scholarly paper on the title page and subsequent pages of a paper. What is the resource document and page number?
6. Identify two characteristics of a scholarly source. What is the resource document and page number?
7. Scholarly papers contain headings and subheadings. Identify the format for a Level 1 and Level 2 heading. What is the resource document and page number or slide number?
8. The article Factors Influencing Advanced Practice Nurses Ability to Promote Evidence-Based Practice among Frontline Nurses”, published in 2012, has the following authors: Kate Gerrish, Mike Nolan, Ann McDonnell, Angela Tod, Marilyn Kirshbaum, and Louise Guillaume.
Provide the correct format for the first citation in text. What is the resource document and page number or slide number?
9. What is a DOI, and when is it used in references? What is the resource document and page number?
a. a full reference and
b. an in- text citation for lecture notes, using the following information:
College: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Class: NR 500 Foundational Concepts and Applications
Year: 2012. Lesson in Week One.
What is the resource document and page number or slide number?
a. a full reference and
b. an in-text citation for a chapter of an edited book
Book Title: Nursing theories and nursing practice 3rd edition.
Chapter of book: Florence Nightingales legacy of caring and its applications.
Author of chapter: Lynne M. Dunphy
Publishers: F.A. Davis Company, Philadelphia, PA
Editors: Marilyn E. Parker and Marlaine C. Smith
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.
Effortlessly get the essays and grades you need. You can now get any essay, on any subject and at ANY deadline with just 10 minutes of your time (or less). Your professor will love you for it!