This assignment consists of two (2) sections: your final business plan and your business plan financials. Note: You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment.
You have completed all of the necessary sections of your business plan and will now create a final draft. Use any / all feedback you have received to polish your plan to the point that you could confidently show it to investors and potential partners or customers.
Refer to the Outline of a Business Plan, beginning on p. 399 of the course text. (Click here for help accessing a specific page number in your eBook.) Not all businesses will include all of these components in this order, but use the outline as a guide. Specifically your plan will not require the Development, Milestones, and Exit Plan section of the business plan.
Section 1: Business Plan (MS Word or equivalent)
Construct a ten to thirty (10-30) page business plan. Note: Twenty (20) pages are sufficient for most businesses.
- Write a one to three (1â€“3) page executive summary for your business plan, in which you justify:
- A clear and concise business concept.
- A thoroughly planned business concept.
- A capable management structure.
- A clear-cut market need.
- Significant competitive advantages for your business.
- Realistic financial projections.
- That investors have an excellent chance to make money.
- A realistic and developed exit plan.
Note: Read Chapters 4 and 18 of the course text Successful Business Plan . Use the plan preparation worksheets on pp. 58â€“61 and the sample executive summaries on pp. 62â€“66 to help guide you, choose to write either a synopsis summary or a narrative summary, and include highlights from the each section of your business plan.
- Combine all of the sections stated below and revise your initial business plan draft, which you submitted in Week 8, based on feedback you have received.
- Executive Summary
- Company Description (Assignment 1)
- Industry Analysis and Trends ( Assignment 1 )
- Target Market ( Assignment 2 )
- Competition ( Assignment 2 )
- Strategic Position & Risk Assessment ( Assignment 1 )
- Marketing Plan & Sales Strategy ( Assignment 2 )
- Operations Plan ( Assignment 3 Part 1 )
- Technology Plan ( Assignment 3 Part 1 )
- Management & Organization ( Assignment 3 Part 1 )
- Ethics & Social Responsibility ( Assignment 3 Part 2)
- The Financials ( Week 7 Discussion )
- The Financials and the Management descriptionâ€”must spark enough interest to convince a reader to continue. Enhance the two (2) mentioned sections to appropriately engage the reader.
- Hints: The financial section of your business plan will be derived from the previously completed financial worksheets.
- Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
- Cite the resources you have used to complete the exercise. Note: There is no minimum requirement for the number of resources used in the exercise.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
Section 2: Business Plan Financials (MS Excel worksheets bundled with course textbook)
- For year one, submit a revised Income Statement, Cash Flow Projection, and Balance Sheet from the â€œBusiness Plan Financialsâ€ Excel template based on your feedback from Project Deliverable 4: Business Plan â€“ Draft .
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe strategic planning techniques used to formulate alternative strategies designed to achieve stated business goals.
- Create a plan to implement a firmâ€™s strategy and manage the change from current operations.
- Analyze strategies for exerting the internal leadership needed to drive the implementation of strategic initiatives and improve operating excellence.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic management.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic management using proper writing mechanics.